Courses are a work in progress! Sign up for my newsletter to get updates when they’re released.
They’re designed to allow you to work at your own pace, and I provide information in multiple forms. (Including plain text, for people like me who don’t like learning from videos.) They come with handouts, reference material, and other useful tools.
You and Your Library
A free course (requires a free account at Teachable.com) that focuses on how to get more out of your local library. I run into a lot of people who don’t know how libraries work, or all the things they can do. This course covers….
- Part 1: Different kinds of libraries and what they offer. How to learn more about library services.
- Part 2: How to find materials in libraries (and on library shelves) in both Dewey and Library of Congress.
- Part 3: Exploring a collection and find new things.
- Part 4: Useful library services you may not be aware of including ways to get access to databases and books at other libraries.
- Part 5: A troubleshooting guide to help with some situations people run into.
- Resource pages for finding public libraries near you.
People of the Library
A course for Pagans who want to find material specific to their needs in libraries near them, and who want help figuring out how to access academic or less available sources. It will cover some of the same material as the free “You and Your Library” course, but have substantial additional material, printables, and lists of resources.
Last updated July 12, 2017